Thursday, July 8, 2010

Barielle A Bouquet For Ava

I hadn't planned on making this my mani. today, but I'm glad I did. It's such a nice color. I have been reading, that it is a close dupe to MAC's Morning After, which is one of three polishes in the new MAC Alice+Olivia collection. I decided that out of the three polishes in the collection, that I really like Morning After and So Rich So Pretty. The collection came out today, so I decided to run to the mall and check them out. I wanted to see how close A Bouquet For Ava really is to Morning After in person. So I decided to do my nails in ABFA before going to the mall. I've had this polish since it came out, and have never used it. I have no idea why, as I really like it. So, I did my nails, and was off to the mall. I got there, and couldn't seen the collection out anywhere. I asked about it, and the people at the MAC counter had no idea what I was talking about! Come to find out, the Alice+Olivia collection is limited to MAC stores and online only. Ugh. So no MAC polish for me today. The trip wasn't a total waste. I did pick up Chanel Paradoxal. My first Chanel polish. They are quite pricey, but I just couldn't seem to pass this color up. It's so unique, and it's selling fast. I might still order MAC So Rich So Pretty. I haven't decided yet. I am going to pass on Morning After, as I did see swatches compared to A Bouquet For Ava, and they are a close match.

Barielle's A Bouquet For Ava is a pretty creme polish. It's a dark turquoise color, and described by Barielle as a cool Caribbean blue. The formula is wonderful. It was pretty opaque in one coat, but I still used two.





Are you planning on getting any of the MAC polishes from the Alice+Olivia collection? What about A Bouquet For Ava? Do you have it?

2 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks you couldn't get to see the A&O collection. I hadn't planned on getting anything but I might just go have a look. I do own ABFA (I think I made a blog post about it). It's pretty and looks great on you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't believe I hadn't worn it before now. I really love it. I've had it since it came out.

    You should check out the A&O collection. They have some pretty colors. I still think I want So Rich So Pretty.

    ReplyDelete