Thursday, December 1, 2011

Essie Luxeffects Shine of the Times

Good morning! How has your week been going? Mine continues to be crazy busy! I'm ready for the weekend!

I had a nail catastrophe over the weekend, and now my nubbins have nubbins. :-( Ugh. I am so annoyed by this, but what can I do? It's been a long time since I had to file my nails this short. The timing sucks too. I have lots of good Holiday manis. planned, and now my nails are short. Hopefully they will grow fast. If any of you have any tips to get fast growing nails, please share! ;-)

I finally found the Essie Luxeffects collection at Walgreens. I grabbed two of them, but am thinking about going back for the rest. I have a lot of free points to use before Jan. so I think I might be able to get them for free!

The one I'm going to show you today is the flakie. It's called Shine of the Times, and it's a mostly orange flakie, but there are some green flakes in it too. I layered it over Sally Hansen Forbidden Fudge. FF is a dark brown, and it has some gold sparkle to it. I used two coats of it, and application was pretty good. It was just a little runny, but nothing too bad.







Sally Hansen Forbidden Fudge...these aren't the best pics. but I think you can get an idea of what it looks like. It really is a pretty polish, and looks much better in person. ;-)





Thanks so much for looking! Have a great day! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I have this essie and it's really fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been an insane day for me, too. What's in the water?! I haven't seen these in the stores yet, but I really like one or two of them. Sorry about your nubbins - I think you'll be surprised to see how fast they grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers....It is! I love it! :-) One day I want to mix all my different flakie colors together, and see what happens. :-)

    Megan.....Ha,ha...I don't know, but I'd like some calm about right now. ;-) I hope your right about my nubbins growing out fast....I really kind hate them right now. :-( That's no fun, as it makes me just want to not mess with them, until they are longer. I can't do that, or my blog will fall apart! Plus I can't stand not to have polish on my nails. ;-)

    ReplyDelete