Monday, January 24, 2011

Zoya Gemma and Pure Ice Tease

Hey everyone!!! Wow, it's been awhile. It feels like forever. I'm back....kinda. I have a temp. fix to my camera, but am going to have to send it off for a couple of weeks, to get fixed. :-( I plan on swatching/taking pics. as much as I can before I send it off. That way I'll still have plenty to blog about while my camera is gone. I def. have plenty of polishes to swatch. I have a CRAZY amount of new polish. Soo....how have you all been? Good, I hope. :-)

I'm sure most of you already know, but Zoya has a new collection out. The Intimate collection for Spring. I bought three of the colors. Gemma,Jules and Dannii. I have Gemma to show you today. I absolutely fell in love with this polish after seeing a few other bloggers post pics. of it. It's an army jacket green with purple shimmer. I couldn't wait to get it on my nails.

Have you ever fallen in love with a polish you just had to have? Only to get it home, and be majorly disappointed with it? Well, I'm sorry to say, but this is Gemma for me. I was expecting a nice greenish color with a really pretty purple glow. Instead, I got what looks like I dipped my nails in pea soup with hardly and purple glow. :-( It was also a bit thick and goopey which is very unusual for a Zoya polish. Now I know I'm in the minority here, as most people seem to love this polish. I did too, from others pics. Unfortunately it's just not working for me. This one will be going in my swap/sell bin.

I used two coats of Gemma, and ended up putting a coat of Pure Ice Tease on top. I like it much better with the PI. PI Tease is a magenta base with purple glitter.

First up is Gemma.







With Pure Ice Tease over it.









So, what do you think of Gemma?

4 comments:

  1. I liked the first one, the colour is quite unique
    http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Starshiny.....Thanks! You know, the more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. So maybe I will end up changing my mind and keeping it after all. It is def. unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's disappointing. It is a rather nice color of green. I think I'm getting the set, so we'll see how it fares on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. swatchcat...Yeah, I was def. disappointed. I like that it has the purple glow, but I just couldn't see it that well on me. I have to say though, it has grown on me since posting this yesterday. I hope you end up liking it!

    ReplyDelete