Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Black Swan Mani.

Yesterday, the husband and I went to see Black Swan. I have pretty much been obsessed with ballet my whole life. I was in dance for 14 years, so I didn't want to miss this movie. I won't give anything away, but I will say that it is one intense movie. It was good, and I want to see it again now that I know what happens. Anyway, I decided to do a Black Swan mani. before the movie. It's nothing fancy. Just black/white skittles with pink on the thumbs. I liked it for a change.

I used China Glaze Cosmic,China Glaze Cloud Nine and Zoya Gigi.

Cosmic is a black creme with holo and silver glitter. It's pretty thick, but application was still pretty good. I used two coats, and really only needed one. It did need two coats of top coat, as the glitter ate through the first.

Cloud Nine is a milky white jelly with copper and iridescent glitter. It was a bit thin, and took three coats.

Gigi is a soft pink with lots of fine silver glitter. It's very pretty. Not usually my color, but I LOVE this one. :-) I need to do a full mani with it soon.

On to the pics!









Close up's of each color.

China Glaze Cloud Nine



China Glaze Cosmic



Zoya Gigi



Speaking of Zoya and Black Swan, there is a Zoya polish featured in the movie. The polish is Bela. Since I don't have Bela, I used Gigi.

Here is a little more info on Zoya,Bela and Black Swan.....

Growing up in the Soviet Union, a little girl named Zoya dreamed of being a ballerina and dancing to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. Now, many years later, after a life immersed in music as a classical pianist and becoming a star in world of cosmetics, dreams have come true.

Enter the recent theatrical release of Black Swan. Early on in the film as the lead dancer, Nina (portrayed by Natalie Portman), prepares in her dressing room for a gala where she will be revealed to the masses as the new Swan Queen, a solitary elegant bottle of nail polish briefly takes over the screen. This is where the line between a little girls fantasy and reality blissfully blurs. The bottle shown is Zoya Nail Polish in a delicate shade of pink named Bela.

Zoya Reyzis (founder of Zoya Nail Polish) and the Swan Queen of Swan Lake together at last.



Kinda interesting huh? Did you see Black Swan? If not, do you plan on seeing it? I would LOVE to hear others opinions on this movie. It's def. stuck with me a bit. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I want to see this movie too!
    I liked so much the Zoya colour so soft and pretty!
    Thanks for following my blog!

    misstarshiny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I love movie themed manicures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kelliegonzo....Thank you! :-)

    Miss Starshiny...Thanks, and your blog is great! :-)

    Jackie S. Thanks! It's not fancy, but I liked it for a change. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gigi is gorgeous! I like this mani alot, you chose some great polishes to combine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABOP...Thank you SO much! :-) I love Gigi too. I'm going to have to do a full mani with it soon.

    ReplyDelete